Friday, May 9, 2008

I Made It!

I am now in my hotel room in Hanoi Vietnam. The trip
could not of been anymore uneventful.
The long dreaded 12 hour flight from Seattle to
Taipei wasn’t bad at all – much thanks to Dr. Arthur
for that good sleep aid he prescribed. Oh and also
watching two great movies; 27 Dresses and Rambo 1
(how diverse is that!). Surprisingly, so far, I don’t
feel any affect of the time difference nor the 24
hours of straight travel. I’m wide awake and
ready to go – for now!

The hotel is right in the center of the city and all the
shops and restaurants. I just spoke to my contact
from the agency here, and we have to push back
travel to the orphanage until Monday. That is fine.
It will allow me time to do some shopping and get a feel
for the city. Technically, I still will be getting
her on Mother’s Day since it will be the 11th in
the US and the 12th in Vietnam.

AND, can I tell you its very hot and humid!
I want to shave the mop of hair I have. It’s
hard coming from Denver’s dry climate where
the average humidity is 25%.

Stay tune, more tomorrow with pictures

No comments: